FutureTales Lab is a privately owned futurology center owned and operated by Magnolia Quality Development Corporation Limited (MQDC) with the goal of conducting research into, and gathering and sharing information on, future trends in areas including Future of Living, Technology & Robotics, Future of Healthcare, Future of Learning, Global Energy, Biodiversity, Climate Crisis, and Space Exploration.
- What personal data we collect
- Why we collect your personal data and how we use it
- Who has access to your personal data
- How long we retain your personal data
- What rights you can exercise in relation to your personal data
- Children’s privacy rights
- International users
- Changes to this policy
- How to contact us
1. WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
For its business, activities, and services, MQDC needs to process your personal data that you provide to us directly or indirectly when using our services. We collect the following personal data:
- Contact information (including names, postal addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers)
- Demographic information, interests, and household information (e.g. age, nationality, gender, education).
- Account information (including log-in details, email address, and other information provided through your account).
- Comments, photos, videos, and other content or information you choose to publish on services or otherwise share with us.
- Information you provide when you choose to participate in competitions, promotions, events, and any activities relating to FutureTales Lab.
- Information that you provided when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes.
- Information required for us to meet legal and regulatory requirements.
- Information collected by cookies and similar technologies. This includes information about your device and browser, including IP address or mobile device advertising identifiers, as well as information about how you and others use, interact with, or respond to services. This type of collection takes place while you are using a service or while a service is running in the background of your device.
- Photographs/Videos when we take photographs/videos of large groups of people attending our events/activities.
- Other information you allow us to access through your device’s permission settings, such as your contacts or address books.
2. WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND HOW WE USE ITOn a legal basis, we use your personal data for the following purposes:
|To fulfil our obligations under a contract with you and to otherwise carry out our business (if any).||
|When we have your consent||
|When we have a legal obligation to do so||
|When it is our legitimate interest to do so, except where such interest is overridden by your interests or fundamental rights.||
3. WHOM WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
We may share your personal data with third parties under the following circumstances:
- With our affiliates, operating groups, subsidiaries, and divisions, or with third parties if necessary for the purposes listed above. We will require such third parties to conduct activities in a manner consistent with our policies and guidelines in relation to data protection.
- With data processors processing your personal data on our behalf. In such cases, these third parties will only use your personal data for the purposes described above and only in accordance with using your personal data.
- With regulators or other governmental or supervisory bodies with a legal right to the material or a legitimate interest in any material.
- With law enforcement officers when considered necessary for MQDC to fulfil its legal obligations
4. HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We endeavor to only collect personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the above-mentioned purposes for which we collected it. The length of time personal data is retained, and the criteria for determining that time, are dependent on the nature of the personal data and the purpose for which it was provided. For example, your personal data related to managing your account (such as name, email address, and account content, and preferences) are maintained for as long as they are retained by you within your account. Other data, such as records of your activity within the services, are typically maintained only for a short period before being anonymized or pseudonymized.
You may contact us at [email protected] to obtain additional information about retention of your personal data.
5. WHAT RIGHTS CAN YOU EXERCISE IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Based on the law applicable to the use of your personal data, you have rights in relation to your personal data. You have rights over your personal data and we are committed to fulfilling these rights. You may be entitled to exercise some or all of the following rights:
- require (a) information regarding whether your personal data is retained and (b) access to a copy of your personal data which we retain, including information on the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, and the data recipients as well as potential retention periods. Your personal data will be provided to you digitally;
- request rectification, removal, or restriction of your personal data, e.g. because (a) it is incomplete or inaccurate, (b) it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, or (c) the consent on which the processing was based has been withdrawn;
- refuse to provide and, without impact to data processing activities that have taken place before such withdrawal, withdraw your consent to processing of your personal data at any time;
- object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, that your personal data shall be subject to processing. In this case, please provide us with information about your particular situation. After the assessment of the facts presented by you we will either stop processing your personal data or present you with our compelling legitimate grounds for ongoing processing; and
- ask us to transfer your data to third parties of your choice, where your data is held in a machine-readable, commonly used way, and can be safely transferred.
If you wish to exercise these rights under data protection laws, please contact us at [email protected]
However, apart from emailing to us, you can update your account information by changing your profile setting and stop receiving email recommendations from us by clicking unsubscribe provide in such service (if any).
6. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY RIGHTS
The Services are not intended for use by children, especially those under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 13.
7. INTERNATIONAL USERS
Personal data we collect may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province, country, or other jurisdiction, where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your location. If you reside outside Thailand, please be informed that we process and store personal information in Thailand.
8. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
9. CONTACT US
MQDC is responsible for the services or registration forms you are using or accessing, and is the controller responsible for the personal data we collect and process in relation to those service or registration form.
Magnolia Quality Development Corporation Limited
Address: 8th floor, True Digital Park Building, 101 Sukhumvit Rd, Khwaeng Bang Chak, Prakanong Bangkok.
Attention: FutureTales Lab Division
Email : [email protected]